Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, Gwede Mantashe, announced that the fuel price will decrease this month following the adjustments of local and international factors.
In their statement the Department has attributed the adjustments to the depreciation of the Rand, the decrease in the price per barrel of Brent Crude oil and the decrease of the international prices of refined petroleum prices.
The following adjustments will be made:
- Petrol: decrease of 174 cents/litre
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur): decrease of 156 cents/litre
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur): decrease of 161 cents/litre
- Illuminating Paraffin: decrease of 223 cents/litre
- Maximum LPGas Retail Price: decrease of 262 cents/kilogram
- SMNRP for IP: decrease of 297 cents/litre
These adjustments will be in effect from Wednesday, 6 May.