Home News Global News Italy, Spain and UK Daily COVID-19 Death Rate Decreases

Italy, Spain and UK Daily COVID-19 Death Rate Decreases

0
Italy, Spain and UK Daily COVID-19 Death Rate Decreases

According to Worldometer, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom have seen a decrease in COVID-19 related deaths per day.

Italy’s number of daily deaths has decreased from 602 deaths on 14 April to 433 deaths on 19 April. There has also been a decrease in the daily new cases reported from 3786 cases on 16 April to 3047 cases on 19 April.

Spain’s number of daily deaths has started decreasing from 18 April’s 565 deaths to recording 410 deaths on 19 April. Spain currently has 200 210 active COVID-19 cases, 93% of these have mild symptoms, the remaining 7% is critical. Of the country’s 101 439 closed COVID-19 cases, 79% have fully recovered.

The United Kingdom’s number of daily deaths has decreased from 18 April having 888 deaths to 19 April recording 596 deaths.

The number of global cases is at 2 425 430 with a total of 636 304 recoveries.

Dr. Zweli Mkhize, Minister of Health, announced on 19 April that South Africa currently has 3 158 COVID-19 cases with 903 recoveries thus far.