A welcome relief for motorists this week as the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy announced that fuel prices will be decreasing on Wednesday, 7 October.
The following adjustments are expected:
- Petrol (both 93 ULP and LRP): down 23 cents per litre (23.00 c/l)
- Petrol (both 95 ULP and LRP): down 32 cents per litre (32.00 c/l)
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur): down 90 cents per litre (90.00 c/l)
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur): down 93 cents per litre (93.00 c/l)
- Illuminating Paraffin (wholesale): down 76 cents per litre (76.00 c/l)
- SMNRP for IP: down 101 cents per litre (101.00 c/l)
- Maximum LPGas Retail Price: down 20 cents per kilogram (20.00 c/kg)
The Department attributes these decreases to the appreciation of the Rand against the dollar, the decrease in the Brent Crude oil price, the decrease in the international prices of all refined petroleum products and the quarterly octane adjustments.