In an update released on Sunday, Western Cape Premier, Alan Winde, announced that community screening will continue across the Western Cape on Monday.
Community testing on Monday will take place in the following Western Cape subdistricts:
- Northern Tygerberg: Goodwood, Vasco and Ruyterwacht
- Southern Western: Parkwood, Du Noon, Imizamo Yethu and Masiphumelele
- Klipfontein Mitchells Plain: NY101, Hlengisa, Bridgetown, New Lentegeur and Manenberg
- Khayelitsha Eastern: Zevenwacht (Spar)
- Cape Winelands: Phola Park (Mbekweni) and Kayamandi
- Garden Route: Amalienstein, Nissenville and Kranshoek
- Overberg: Swellendam informal settlement, Hermanus, Hawston, Elgin, Grabouw, Villiersdorp and Arniston
- West Coast: Vredendal North, Manguang, Pola Park, Lutzville, Uitkyk Mbeki Square, Piketberg (Spar), Ilingelethu, Marikana, Khayalitsha and Riverview
The Department of Health has confirmed that 114 711 tests have already been conducted nationally.
According to IOL, Health MEC Nomafrench Mbombo explained that community screening and testing will help the government identify people who are at risk, helping to prohibit further spreading.
A verbal assessment is done first to determine whether further testing is needed and recommendations are made as and when it is applicable.