In a statement on Thursday, Executive Mayor Dan Plato announced the areas where Capetonians will be allowed to exercise from 06:00 to 09:00 starting 1 May.
Citizens will be able to run, jog, cycle or walk within a 5km radius from their homes. The City has made some public recreational areas available for residents who live within a 5km radius.
The areas include:
- Sea Point Promenade
- Muizenberg to St James walkway
- Strand Promenade
- Willis Walk in Simon’s Town
- Kommetjie walkway to Lighthouse
- Government Avenue next to Simon’s Town
- All other publicly accessible boardwalks and pathways
The Mayor called on people to not exercise in groups and continue to wear their cloth masks when leaving home.