Bonteheuwel Fire Destroys Wendy Houses in Ironwood Street


On Monday morning at around 4 am, the Epping Fire Department responded to a call in Ironwood Street, Bonteheuwel where a Wendy house had caught fire.

According to one of the neighbours, “the fire started early in the morning and was caused by a candle that tipped over.”

In total, three Wendy houses burnt down. No fatalities were reported, but the families who were living there have lost all their possessions.

Another source in the area said, “The fire department arrived around 4 am and left when the fire was out at about 7 am,”.