The South African National Parks (SANParks) announced on Wednesday that the Lion’s Head summit will be open from 9 September, however, there are protocols in place.
- Limitations of user numbers may be imposed at the sergeant ranger’s discretion.
- Social distancing by at least 1.5m must be maintained at all times.
- No mask no entry. Users accessing the summit must wear their masks at all times.
- Users are to sanitize their hands before and after making use of the staples/ladder and or chain area of Lion’s Head.
- Picnicking and gathering in social groups are not allowed.
- Rangers will be positioned at various entry points to check that users are compliant with Covid-19 regulations stipulated by the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC).
SANParks has encouraged everyone to adhere to the regulations imposed to avoid possible re-closure of the summit. The Lion’s Head trail had to close down in June after visitors failed to adhere to level 3 restrictions.